Saturday, November 6, 2010

Introducing Pre-Pointe Week

Let's get down to business. We enjoyed the crafts, recipes, and discoveries of new dancers in the past few themes, but as my pre-pointe teacher always says, "EMBRACE THE BURN, YOU WIMPS!" No joke.

Alright, I'm kidding. But I will have lectures, routines, and much more this week for pre-pointe.

Lots of girls begin pre-pointe, but never do it everyday. You need to glue the following statement in your mind:

YOU WILL NEVER GO EN POINTE UNLESS YOU DO PRE-POINTE EVERYDAY.

It's true.

Many girls also don't understand the danger of going en pointe too early. I don't even have to explain it, because the mention on PERMANENT NERVE DAMAGE pretty much scared me just enough to make me a little more careful.

Girls who are en pointe reading this should do pre-pointe also. Here is a fact that I had no idea of until my teacher told me: pre-pointe is also pre-partnering. It's not just the guy that hold you up. You must use your abs and butt muscles to be poised in the perfect fish dive, swallow lift, anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment