Saturday, July 17, 2010

So Crafty Saturday - Pearl Bun Decoration and Bracelet

Today, we are going to make Pearl Bun Decorations that can double-over as bracelets!


Pearl Bun Decoration

How pretty? It took me forever to make this tutorial, because I had this vision in my head, but I couldn't figure out how to make it! But I finally figured it out.

*Supplies*

10-12 large pearls (depending on amount of hair)
1/4 inch ribbon, any color
beading elastic
needle
scissors

*Instructions*

Cut about 2 1/2 feet of ribbon, and tie a knot about 6 in from the tip. Double-Knot the end of a 12" elastic. Make a gathering stitch in the ribbon, starting at the knot. Only one, though. A gathering stitch is where you go under the ribbon, and then come back up with the needle.
Pearl Bun Decoration
i don't know if you can see that the needle is through the ribbon

Poke the needle through a bead, and pull all the way to the ribbon.
Pearl Bun Decoration
sorry for the bad photos, my camera is not the best...........

Make another gathering stitch right next to the bead. Thread another bead on.

Pearl Bun Decoration

Keep threading beads on and gathering, and it should start to look like this:

Pearl Bun Decoration

By the time you are done, It will finally look like this:
Pearl Bun Decoration

After the last gathering stitch, stick the needle through both layers of ribbon, and knot the elastic tight. Knot it a couple of times to seal the deal. Then, knot the ribbon as close to the beads as you can get. The other side is already knotted, but thread the needle with the elastic at the other end, and repeat the process there.
Pearl Bun Decoration

Tada! Done!
Pearl Bun Decoration

Just tie at the ends, and you're done!
Pearl Bun Decoration
Enjoy you're new bun decoration!



I hope you had a fun So Crafty Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. This is just beautiful and the pearls with the ribbon are so feminine. I love it against your hair, but I can see it as a necklace or bracelet too. Great tutorial and super fun idea. I have a granddaughter who is 5 who is always wanting to make jewelry. She will love this and I want one for me too.

    ReplyDelete